Home

Monday, December 15, 2014

My Top 5 Beauty & Skincare Hacks

My Top 5 Beauty & Skincare Hacks

I use beauty & skincare hacks almost everyday so I thought I would share my Top 5 with you!
  1. Oil Blotting Sheets - Since I have oily skin I am always using Oil Blotting Sheets and when I run out of my usual sheets and I'm desperate I will either go for *toilet seat covers or a coffee filter depending on where I am & what's available (*I usually take the first couple of seat protectors off & use on seat and then use the next one down for my face).
  2. Don't Forget Your Shoulder- You always hear about including your neck and decollete when applying serums and moisturizers but I like to take it 1 step further and also include my shoulders. Your shoulders get just as much sun damage as your decollete and can also age you so make sure you don't forget them next time you are applying your serums & creams!
  3. White Eye Liner - Not only can you use White Eye Liner in your waterline to make your eyes look more open and in the inner corner of your eye to brighten up your eyes but you can also use it on your entire eyelid to automatically intensify any eyeshadow color.  Same goes for your nails too, use a white nail polish underneath your color polish, this will help you achieve the true color of the polish.
  4. Dry Shampoo - Did you run out of your favorite Dry Shampoo?  Go to your kitchen and grab some baking soda, sprinkle a little directly on your roots, work it in and viola! 
  5. DIY Makeup Fixer - Don't you hate it when you drop your favorite makeup compact and it breaks into little pieces?  Now, instead of throwing it out you can salvage it!  You will need some alcohol (rubbing alcohol works fine but it you can find *70% alcohol it works even better. (you can usually find 70% alcohol at your art supply store), q-tip & plastic wrap.  Wrap you compact with the plastic wrap and break up the larger pieces of makeup until it's back to powder form.  Remove the plastic wrap and add a few drops of alcohol at a time until it is the consistency of a paste.  Now you just need to smooth it out (you can use a small spatula to do this) and let it dry for several hours or overnight.  Make sure it's completely dry before using it.
What are your favorite beauty & skincare hacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment