Home

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thursday Thoughts-Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

20 years ago I married my best friend.  I am super blessed and thankful that I have such an amazing man!  I am not going to lie and say it's been 20 years of pure bliss, we have had our good & bad times but thankfully, there has been way more good than bad and we have had pretty amazing life so far!
So, after 20 years of marriage I feel like I am in the position to give a little advice to those of you who are getting married or maybe going through a rough patch in your marriage or relationship.  First, the key to a any great relationship is to not have expectations.  If you have expectations of any kind your just setting your relationship up for failure.  Second, (and I can't say this enough) COMPROMISE!  You have to be willing to make compromises...all the time.  Third, make sure you marry your best friend!  When you establish a relationship based on friendship first it sets the foundation on which to build a long lasting relationship.
So, there you have it!  May you all be as blessed as I have been...

No comments:

Post a Comment