Home

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday Thoughts-"I've got the POWER!"


So long doom & gloom, you have no power over me!  I have never really been one that stays in a funk for very long.  For one thing, I have too much going on in my life to sit around and feel sorry for myself, for another I have way too many people that rely on me.  
So, I am back & I have a new focus.  I decided I needed to set some new goals for myself and my family and rearrange my priorities.  With life being so hectic it's easy to forget the things that really matter and that it's really important to stop and take some time for yourself.  For me, some time for myself was what I was in desperate need of.  Even though I really wanted to escape by myself for an entire weekend I decided that, that was not really an option so I did the next best thing and took a personal day off work.  I finally able to get caught up on a few things that I had been putting off which in turn allowed me to FINALLY have a full day on Sunday to just RELAX.  I realized that I had not felt relaxed or that I have not allowed myself to relax in the past 3 months (no wonder I was feeling full of doom & gloom).  I have been living on adrenaline and no sleep for so long that I think my body and mind finally just had enough!
My advice...if you do anything this week, make YOU a priority, everything else will fall into place!

No comments:

Post a Comment